Thursday, May 13, 2010

A dream I had once

I was reminded of this after watching the video of my mom on the news, and don't know why it didn't flash back to me before.  I very rarely remember my dreams, so it's odd that this one has stuck in my head for around a decade.

I was driving down River Road, which is the road that runs from Ashland City to Nashville, with my family's house falling about halfway in between.  It was definitely my Aqua Green Mazda Protege, and a friend I had in elementary school named David Goddard was riding in the back.  It seems like there were two others in the car, but I don't know if they were specific people.  David was an odd appearance, since we were pretty good friends  in 4th-6th grades, but by now was probably sophomore or junior year in high school and we had gone our separate ways.  Here's the main feature of the dream - there was a thin layer of water on the ground completely covering the horizon.  You could still tell the geographic features perfectly and see what was beneath the water, but maybe a foot deep of water was slowly flowing along the hills, the road, everything.  Everything was quiet, but not silent.

Despite being only a dream, it's still one of my most pleasant and peaceful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment