Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Playlist

I am creating a playlist for the office Halloween party, and trying to make it not suck.  Here's what I have so far:

1.  This is Halloween - Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack
2.  Grim Grinnin' Ghosts (Haunted Mansion theme) - Barenaked Ladies
3.  My Body's a Zombie for You - Dead Man's Bones
4.  Happy Halloween - The Blanks
5.  Stop, I'm Already Dead - Deadboy and the Elephant Men
6.  RE:  Your Brains - Jonathan Coulton
7.  Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
8.  Dig My Grave - They Might Be Giants
9.  Beetlejuice Theme - Danny Elfman
10.  Nightmare on My Street - DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
11.  Werewolves of London - Warron Zevon
12.  Ghost of Stephen Foster - Squirrel Nut Zippers
13.  Ghost Riders in the Sky - Johnny Cash
14.  Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo
15.  Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult


I'm trying to avoid the cliche Halloween songs like Monster Mash and Time Warp (with all due respect, but it's been done).  A few obvious ones did manage to sneak in, and I'm still working on it.  Suggestions are welcome. I'm considering Hungry like the Wolf, or hunting down the Addams Family Rap from MC Hammer, but that niche seems covered by the Fresh Prince.  Also might switch in Hell for Stephen Foster, don't know.

BONUS:  Three Danny Elfman songs in that list.

No comments:

Post a Comment