Thursday, December 23, 2010

Year End: Running

On March 23rd, 2010 I joined Xtreme Edge gym to, you know, get in shape.  It's worked pretty well.  I work out an average of twice per week, mostly running but mixing in weights when I feel like it.  I was starting to run outside while the weather was nice, but now it's back to the treadmill.  There hasn't really been any sort of plan or dieting, but the exercise has still done wonders.  I originally started off just trying to improve my time on the mile, and once I got to being able to run a mile straight focused more on distance in order to do longer workouts and burn more calories.  On August 19th, I bought the Nike+ chip, which fits under the sole of the shoe and connects to my iPhone to track running statistics.  Here's what's happened since then:

Miles run:  161.6
# of Runs: 33
Time Run: 32:02'6"
Average Pace:  11'54" per mile
Calories burned:  26004

Farthest Run:  13 miles
Fastest Mile: 8'28"
Fastest 5k:  31'27"
Fastest 10k:  1:09'32"

The distance numbers are a little low because I'll sometimes wait until I've finished my warm-up before starting the app, or stop it before I'm done.  Also, I have only had one run less than a 5k out of those 33, due to a sore ankle.

As an added bonus, I've dropped about 30 pounds this year.  Neato.  Sadly, it's starting to plateau, and I think learning to cook/eat better and probably drinking less is required to keep losing weight.  Also, I need new pants now.

Since I'll be in Nashville for the last week of the year, I won't be able to work out.  Here's to kicking ass in 2011.

1 comment:

  1. well did, andy. running is a pain and you've made it your bitch. cheers!

    ReplyDelete