Sunday, April 4, 2010

10 Great Food Carts in Downtown Portland

Since I rave about food carts non-stop, here are ten of my favorites in the downtown area.  Please note that I haven't really explored the east side much, so they are being unfairly left off.  These are just brief descriptions, but for anyone seeking better listings check out the Food Carts Portland blog for more in-depth reviews and comments.

1.  Koi Fusion - Korean/Mexican fusion.  Follow them on Twitter for location, but generally either 4th and Ankeny or 6th and College.
2.  Spella Cafe - Coffee/espresso that puts Stumptown to shame.  9th and alder, or brick and mortar at 5th and alder.
3.  Samurai - Japanese grill.  9th and Alder
4.  Brunch Box - Burgers and breakfast sandwiches.  5th and Stark
5.  Built to Grill - Italian (Paninis AND actual Pasta) 3rd and Washington
6.  Addy's Sandwiches - Gourmet Sandwiches - 10th and Alder
7.  Tabor - Schnitzelwiches (schnitzels in sandwich form) - 5th and Stark
8.  La Jarochita - Mexican (arguably the best standard Mexican cart) - 5th and Stark
9.  Give Pizza a Chance - Pizza and homemade sodas.  5th and Stark
10.  Big Ass Sandwiches - If you couldn't figure out the Pizza, this one will blow your mind.  3rd and Ankeny

I might start doing actual reviews and dish recommendations, but this is a nice into to Portland Food Carts.  There are a couple I'm looking to try soon, and I'm sure there are a few that probably could have made this list but didn't.  Also, 5th and Stark has a lot of good carts

No comments:

Post a Comment