That's the name of my break-up playlist from when things ended with Marie last year. I'm about to delete it, since it doesn't really serve a purpose anymore, but figured I may as well post it first as a proper burial. There's a mix of some songs that I identified with as things got worse, songs that had some sort of specific meaning to the relationship, and some that just felt right at the time.
1. Either Way - Wilco
2. Hate it Here - Wilco
3. Ghosts - Dirty Vegas (this was kind of an odd man out)
4. Moments with You - Gran Torino
5. I Spy - Guster
6. Show Me a Little Shame - Ben Harper
7. Without You - RENT Soundtrack
8. Only a Broken Heart - Tom Petty
9. I Do - Jude
10. Time to Move On - Tom Petty
Wilco's Sky Blue Sky album and Tom Petty's Wildflowers album bother are in here twice, I think because both albums tend to be rather mopey in general. I know Wildflowers was Petty's solo album after his divorce, so it's definitely got a heartbroken tone all the way through.
Adieu, Adieu, Adieu. I'm in a much better place, and you're not welcome anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment